Monday, June 15, 2015

Sometimes it's okay to let it go (no references to frozen)

The past few days have been a bit of paradox for me. On one hand, they've been the most stressful days I've had in a while, but on the other, they've been sort of liberating. I've been working on the second novel in the collection of YA contemporaries I am writing. The title of this one is Breakup FM. It's basically about a radio show where people call in to tell their relationship stories, and let listeners decide whether or not they should break up with their significant other over the air. Anyways that's the basic premise, and I have about 20,000 words of the novel ready to go. Or at least I thought I did.

Today I woke up, and realized I haven't been writing with enthusiasm for at least a week. I get up add to my word count, but feel completely stressed about how incomplete the manuscript feels thus far. I love my characters but the story right now feels bleh. It's not a lack of motivation or discipline, because I'm still writing. I want to write every day in fact. I love writing. It's just that I finally realized I have to scrap what I have so far. There is nothing to salvage from these 20,000 words, and honestly, I'm okay with that. I'm more than okay with it. I feel sort of relieved actually. I get to start fresh, with a concept I love, but in a different direction.

Time to start a new outline, and see where this project is headed. This was just my two cents about the matter of letting certain projects pass. To my writers out there, it's okay to let things okay. Don't wear out the muse. No writing is wasted writing. Everything builds up and makes you a better author. Okay time to get back to outlining. Love all my nonexistent readers.

<3

Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment