Sunday, November 20, 2016

It's Been a While


Wow. It's been a while, hasn't it?

My last post was July 4, 2015. That means it's been 1 year, 4 months, and 16 days since my last post. For a more rounded number, that's about 505 days. Talk about a hiatus. To be honest, I haven't thought a lot about this blog in the past year and however many days. That doesn't mean I haven't thought about writing and my goal to get published. It doesn't mean that I haven't thought about Delayed, or the unfinished sequel to it. It just means life happened, and I got a bit distracted with being a college student. Self-Publishing Delayed was nice, the novel is still out there, I made a little money to help me along. It was a good deal.

However, the amount of time needed to dedicate myself to self publishing wasn't something I found all that appealing. Success is possible. It's really hard work, no matter what you do in life. Talent is half the battle, the other part of the coin is simply how willing you are to work for it. I have new plans for the upcoming year, really exciting news and so forth. For 2017 my goal is start pursuing a more traditional route. I'm going to be entering Grad school in Fall 2017, but I've decided to dedicate myself to writing as a full time job. Luckily, I'm at a place where that's possible for me. I'm young, (21 now), I have time, few bills, and low stress. The only responsibility I have is myself. So for the next few months keep your eyes peeled for news on my end. I promise not to abandon my blog again. I missed this old friend.

On the bright side, it's almost Thanksgiving. A crazy semester filled with group projects and life changing decisions is almost over, and I am finally in a more disciplined writing mood. I know I want to be a published author. I want to dedicate my life to writing. But I'm also a finance student. I love finance and business. This past semester has taught me that. So now my life is a balance between those two loves, well okay writing is my first love, my passion. Finance is something I've been curious about, and have learned to love as well. We'll see how it goes. I promise to write more and read more and announce my news very soon.

Now time to get back to some assignments for a Literature class I took as an elective. It's too much work, but somehow I love it.

Good luck to everyone, if anyone does read this blog. If not, good luck to future readers who might come across this post. Keep chasing your dreams and living life without letting fear get in the way.

Wishing you the best,

Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment